Ohio Department of Agriculture has announced a recall issued by Quality Nut Co. due to undisclosed soy, dairy and wheat allergens.
Quality Nut is located in Massillon. The company did not provide photos I can share with you but on the news release it listed these products:
- SWEET AND SPICY MIX – 2 oz. bags. Labels did not declare the allergens soy and wheat.
- SWEET AND SPICY MIX – 3 oz. bags. Labels did not declare the allergen soy.
- HUNTER TRAIL MIX – 2.5 oz. bags. Labels did not declare the allergen milk.
- CHOCOLATE PEANUTS – 5 oz. bags. Labels did not declare the allergen soy.
- MILK CHOCOLATE PEANUTS – 4 oz. bags. Labels did not declare the allergen soy.
The company says that all these nuts and nut mixes were on store shelves before May 1, 2017 and were sold statewide.
Neither Quality Nut nor the Ohio Department of Agriculture have logged any reports of anyone suffering an allergic reaction to the undeclared ingredients.
If you have no such allergy concerns, the products are apparently perfectly safe to eat. If you do, you are encouraged to either just throw the foods out or return them to Quality Nut for a refund.
The problem was discovered during a routine inspection by Ohio Department of Agriculture. If you would like more information you can contact Quality Nut directly at 330- 327-6161.